Thursday, November 19, 2015

Fire and Rain


I've been watching the Stephen Colbert show at night occasionally since it took over the the late night spot when David Letterman left.  It's been fun.  It, like a lot of other late night fare isn't very in depth, but it's a show full of energy and the humor makes me laugh, where a lot of other late night programs do not.  And who doesn't need a laugh these days?

Last night they had on James Taylor whom I've always enjoyed and admired.  I think I have around six or seven of his albums.  I've always enjoyed his New England folk rock sound, I don't feel like I'm the only one as he has tons of fans.  Sweet Baby James was a huge seller back in the day.  He also recently played a short hour concert that aired on PBS Austin City Limits in promoting his newest album, Before This World.  During that concert he also as expected played many of his older hits.  I knew it was going to bring back a lot of memories for me, and boy it sure did.  It's funny how music can strike such an emotional chord.

At any rate on Colbert's show last night, they both did a skit and a song together that was pretty funny.  That Colbert is not only good with jokes, but is pretty talented in singing.  Check out the updated song of Fire and Rain below.

2 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger Richard Bellush said...

Cute bit on the Late Show. I was never a huge Taylor fan, but I liked his stuff well enough. I would have liked to see him with Carole King.

Yes, smell and music evoke past moments about as well as anything can.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger El Vox said...

Richard, I know they have played together in the past. Here's a concert from the Troubadour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IMntLIgIq8 I don't know if you knew Taylor had a heroin addiction early in his career. I always find that amazing as his music is so uplifting to me. I'm glad he came to the conclusion that it was detrimental. One of the things I shared with my brother was music, among many other things. But our musical taste were very similar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home