Thursday, September 03, 2015

Tim Reynolds & TR3 at Infinity Hall

I usually watch a lot of music these days from my easy chair.  I get the best seats in the house.  A lot of it comes beamed in from PBS.  I'll watch the Austin City Limits concerts, and last year they had this new series called Live at Infinity Hall.  By chance I caught the concert by Tim Renolds, who I'd never heard of playing with his TR3 band.  It's just a three piece band, but wow, could they rock.  I was unprepared for how large a sound they created.  Tim Renolds looked about five feet tall, and weighed maybe 100 pounds wet, but he was a monster on guitar.  If you want to hear some rocking guitar, and a pretty cool concert, check out the link.  I couldn't figure out how to embed it, but here's a link. 

4 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Richard Bellush said...

Three pieces are all you need -- ZZ Top comes to mind too. That's not to say a bigger band can't add richness, especially for horn bands, but three are all you need.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger El Vox said...

Yes, and three other well known three piece bands: Jimi Hendrix Experience, Cream, and Grand Funk Railroad, among many others. But let's not leave out the two piece groups either: Simon & Garfunkel, the Carpenters, Peter & Gordon. No less the soloist: John Denver, Glen Campbell, Gordon Lightfoot, Joni Mitchell, etc. But you're right they all contain or give out a richness I find rewarding with each listen.

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger Breaking Mad said...

I went to this place in first time with my husband on Tuesday night after work. The inside of this event space nyc was quit big and had enough seats to sit and nice bar area. We had a few things, along with drinks and it was all good!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger El Vox said...

Breaking Mad, glad you & hubby enjoyed yourselves. Looks like a nice venue to me. Who did you go see?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home