Monday, September 14, 2015

The Director's Chair

I'm posting the link to these interviews because some may not have the El Rey network on cable, and might like to see them.  I'm not sure what Robert Rodriguez plans to do with his series of The Director Chair interviews.  I'd guess release some sort DVD package with them later, but who knows?   It's a unique idea, and one of the better programming features to his El Rey network.  I wish they were a bit longer, however, and a bit more detailed.  But at least it's fun to see and hear what other director's have to say about their previous films.

From the looks of it, it appears the YT videos are bootlegged, in other words, I'd guess someone either taped them off the network or shot them from a cell phone off their TV screen as there's an annoying white glow in the middle of the frame.  Still if you'd like to peruse them and check them out, the links are below.

George Miller:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7ZK5wGhMgY

Robert Zemeckis:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOhQVrWHgJU

3 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Blogger Richard Bellush said...

How well do we judge our own work? It reminds of the scene in "Back to School" in which Rodney Dangerfield hires Kurt Vonnegut to write a paper for him on his own work. The paper gets an F with the comment: "Whoever 'did' write this doesn't know the first thing about Kurt Vonnegut!"

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger El Vox said...

I'd forgotten about those old Dangerfield movies. They were pretty silly, but made me laugh and were fun to watch, which I guess is a success for a comedy. Although I never really did respect him. The Vonnegut joke made me laugh too.

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger El Vox said...

I was surprised though that Miller, who made the Mad Max films, also made things like Babe and Happy Feat, although he said, it's all the same in the nuts and bolts of it. It's all filmmaking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home