Thursday, June 04, 2015

It's More About Me

This is the home studio of Jonathan Hickman.  He's a comic writer and artist that's currently writing the current Secret Wars comic for Marvel.  He's also written for the Avengers, Fantastic Four, East of West, The Nightly News, and a bunch of other comics.  I found out about this from reading his older article on iFanboy called Concentric Circles wherein he just writes about different topics that strike his fancy.

I'll admit I don't keep up with comics as much as I used to--don't feel like spending the money nor have the storage space for them.  I've considered going digital as there's a new rental service called Scribd that's sort of like Netflix, which allows you to read as much as you like for a monthly fee.  It's one of those cloud resource things, and probably would work well for fans like me and others.  They don't have DC comics on board yet, but I think given some time, they'll become available too. 

Anyway, I ran across the above Hickman studio tour thing, and thought I'd share.  There is more on the site so if you're interested in those sorts of behind the scene details follow the link. 
There are other comic studio tours on there as well like the above on from Mark Waid, among a few others.  Unfortunately the site, Comicbookresources,  that host the tours hasn't provided a active link, so if you want to access other artist and comic people's studios, you have to type their name in the search window, and bring it up that way.  If you are into comics and entertainment of that sort, CBR is a good resource and news site.

Supposedly there are other studio tours by the below creators, so if you want to check them out, type in Jonathan Hickman Studio Tour (or whoever you're looking for), and see if it's still available--I haven't had the time to go thru everyone yet either.


STUDIO TOURS Archives
  • Joe Quesada
  • Scott Kurtz
  • Frank Cho
  • Rick Remender
  • Matt Haley
  • Simone Bianchi
  • Mark Waid
  • Tony Moore
  • Top Cow Studios
  • David Lloyd
  • Gabriel Ba and Fabio Moon
  • Mark Millar
  • Mike Norton
  • Andy Smith
  • Jock
  • Mike Allred
  • Ryan Ottley
  • Mike Hawthorne
  • Freddie E. Williams II
  • Jamal Igle
  • Stuart Immonen
  • Terry Moore
  • Kody Chamberlain
  • Tony Lee
  • Francis Manapul
  • Pia Guerra
  • Jay Fotos


  • It finally got sunny here, so that means I can get out and do some yard work, which I did some of yesterday.  I tell you though, half the battle of yard work is messing with the machines (They conspire against us, and they'll be back).  I have a pretty decent mower--it's just a push mower not very plush.  But the darn Weed Eater is another story, talk about cantankerous.  Those blighters are finicky.  Talk about obsolescence.  I think my current Weed Eater has lasted about six or seven years.  I guess that's about the life span.  That's another thing about yard equipment, you never know if you're buying a dud model until usually after the fact.  I'm fixing to do a search to see if anyone rates any of them.  I did go over to Youtube yesterday, a good resource for this kind of thing, and watched a guy clean out the carburetor on a Weed Eater similar to mine.  I followed his video, and did the cleaning and also replaced the spark plug, but still it's not staying running.  Perhaps it needs a new carburetor.  Always something.

        



    2 Comments:

    At 12:16 PM, Blogger Richard Bellush said...

    One does question the value of lawn machinery sometimes. The time we spend getting it running often is the time we could have done the job with a hand tool. Despite the inconvenience of electric cords, when possible I prefer electric -- less seems to go wrong with them. My gas weed eater hasn't worked properly in years. It runs long enough to get your hopes up and then sputters out as soon as it faces the actual work. Reminds me of a former co-worker.

     
    At 8:19 AM, Blogger El Vox said...

    I hear ya! I got my week whackers running, but they're still not efficient, and both of them, yes, I have two, still want to die and are hard to start. I spend more time messing with them than doing the job. Then there's always the decision as to whether to take it in for work/overhaul, or just buy a new one as they're going to cost about the same. I was looking online for a new edger, and I think I may go back to electric for the reasons you cite--they're a bit more reliable and need less maintenance. Granted you have to mess with extension chords, but that my be the lessor of two evils. Co-worker--they need to make an electric model, ha.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home