Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Guillermo Del Toro

Busy this week as I have guest coming at the end of the week, so busy cleaning house, etc.  We had tornado warnings last night, which lasted about an hour.  I always find those alarming as we never had them in West Texas.  It's been a weird, wet spring.  Wimberley, Texas suffered with flooding recently and Dallas has been hit with bad weather off and on too.


For Memorial Day I watched the World War II story, Unbroken.  It was pretty good, but yes, the book was better.  Angelina Jolie directed it, and I enjoyed some of the flight scenes of the bomber and the battles in midair.  The movie was taken a little bit out of order from the book, however, and I think she could have dwelled on Louie Zamperini's time in pilot training a bit more, so that we could have learned a bit more about his crew.  But I understand she had a lot of ground to cover with the film.  Overall though a pretty good film. 

The El Rey Network still has been interviewing famous directors, which you can access through Youtube.  So far Guillermo Del Toro, Francis Ford Coppola, Quentin Tarantino have been interviewed.  He has more of these coming up and I look forward to them  The Del Toro interview is divided up in to several parts, so you'll have to track down the other parts on YT.





2 Comments:

At 6:23 AM, Blogger Richard Bellush said...

Unbroken is a good flick and an impressive story of endurance. No wonder the guy lived to age 97.

I hope you are staying dry. Looks like some wild weather down there.

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger El Vox said...

Pretty wild weather this season for sure in Texas, not only in my town, but worse in other areas. This week we get some sun--what's that?

If you enjoyed the movie Unbroken, I'd recommend the book. It was pretty harrowing in parts, how he made it thru all that is amazing. My dad used to say the same thing about WWII as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home