Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Hey Hey Hey, The Cos


Tonight as I did the supper dishes I listened to Krys Boyd's radio show, Think.  There's a new book out on Bill Cosby, and she interviewed the writer, Mark Whitaker,  who wrote and compiled it.  It was a really interesting interview if you enjoy the Cos.  They go into many of the high and low aspects of his career and life.  Sounded like it would be an interesting book to read.  Here's a link:
http://www.kera.org/2014/09/24/comedy-and-the-cos/

2 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Blogger Roman J. Martel said...

You know we recently revisited his stand up performance "Bill Cosby, Himself" and it still held up really well. We were laughing out loud several times, and even though we knew the whole chocolate cake routine his performance really makes it funny.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger El Vox said...

I haven't seen that one, Roman, maybe they have it on YT or NF. I'll have to look for it. After I listened to the interview I posted, which I found pretty interesting as well as nostalgic. Afterwards, I tried looking for a CD that I had bought that has several of his comedy sketches from his vinyl lps he'd released over time. I was in the mood to hear some of the skits, but for whatever reason, couldn't find the CD. This type misplacement thing used to really bug me when I was younger, but now, I just thing--I'll find it when I find it. I'll have to keep an eye out for it as I clean house, etc.

I've been meaning to see if YT has any of his Fat Albert cartoons as well, but got involved with a few other things in life. Cheers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home