Thursday, May 08, 2014

Cinemania

Cinemania from Stephen Kijak on Vimeo.


If you think of yourself as a film buff, and love movies, yet somehow the documentary, Cinemania, escaped your attention, you should give it a watch.  I always thought of myself in that same league of cinephiles, but I felt lightyears behind and dwarfed by the five New Yorkers in this film.  They are totally obsessed with movies and build their lives around that experience.

One of them,  Mousy Bill subsists on peanut-butter sandwiches from a tote bag and follows a precise urination schedule prior to each screening. Unsurprisingly, he hasn’t had sex "in many years." The others are equally obsessed, maladjusted, and rather odd personality-wise, but I never felt like the movie was faked.  I know people from my past equally obsessed and with personality quirks. I guess you could say, on some level, I can identify with them.  Shoot, as far as I'm concerned I'm more drawn to and enjoy someone immersed in their hobbies and loves in life than a lot of other people. Granted I'm quite as on the fringe as any of these people, yet I find delight in their obsession. 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home