Saturday, February 08, 2014

Film Talk

 photo Fro252CakaFernandoReza.jpg

 photo 5327678258_a06af5a33e_z.jpg

 photo 218262_WBTCu4zR6y7pxbnIAEE6gPzPM.jpg

 photo IronJaiden2.jpg

 photo OfficialJapanese.jpg

 photo EugeniuszSkorwider.jpg


I watched this interview last night and it streamed pretty smoothly, and was very insightful to hear David Cronenberg's  thoughts about his films, the film making process,  learning a bit more about the meaning behind some of his films, and just listening to him talk about his art.  I love stuff like this.

2 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Roman J. Martel said...

Cronenberg is a fascinating director. I need to see more of his stuff. "Videodrome" blew me away when I saw it a few years ago. Need to revisit that one. "Existenz" was also a fun ride.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger El Vox said...

I need to rewatch Existenz. As I remember, The Matrix, preceded it, and that blew me away in every way, plot, visuals & effects, etc. After that Existenz seemed a bit of a letdown, plus some of Cronenberg's other films appealed to me more at that time.

His art has broadened. I just added his latest two films to my Netflix Q: Cosmopolis & A Dangerous Method. A Dangerous Method deals with Sigmund Freud, so the subject matter strays from his "normal" horror, body horror, psychosexual, SF fare, yet, I would imagine it will still yields some surprises.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home