Monday, February 17, 2014

Art Talk


Short post tonight.  I'm sort of frazzled.  I went to the oral surgeon today as I've been having this implant surgery done.  The way they are handling mine is he extracted the tooth before Christmas, then I went back to get a check up on the healing progress.  Today, he did what is know as  putting in a post.  The post is attached to your jaw bone, so he has to drill into your jaw bone.  Yes, lovely.  Then that allows for a place to anchor a crown tooth.  He worked me over pretty good.  Granted I was numbed with a local shot, but he ground and drilled etc.  It went pretty smoothly, but once my mouth work up, I'm pretty sore.  Good thing for meds.

I ran across a site though that I thought I would share.  It's called opensource.com.  If  you are interested in books, movies, learning courses, etc. They also have a lot of audio books there too, and some SF titles.  It's an interesting site.  I ran across the link that allows you to download over 250 free art books from the Getty Museum.  Art is one of my hobbies as well.  I've done some art in the past, and enjoy looking at it all the time too.  I don't spend enough time with it, and have been meaning to do some artwork lately, hopefully I can do a bit once the weather warms up a bit more.  I don't work in any one medium nor have specific imagery in mind when doing it either.  I like it all! From sculpture to paintings on canvas, collage, music (I've dabble with some of that too playing guitar and synthesizer), and enjoy abstract work as well as figurative, landscapes, still life, and everything in between.  I am particularly drawn to contemporary art the most, just as with music, I'm very much interested in progressive rock, but enjoy classical, jazz, new age, electronic, folk, and other styles.


I'm not embarrassed to say I'm just an amateur.  Still I love it and it gets my imagination flowing to just look at art and read about it, and discover it.  If  you are like minded, and have not discovered Pinterest.com, you  should definitely check it out.  You can kills some time there easy, even if just to check out all the fanboy stuff, like SF art, posters, and so forth.


2 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, Blogger Roman J. Martel said...

I'm with you. I find looking at art very inspiring when I'm working on fiction. It can give you ideas, or just spark a story. Thanks for the link!

Sorry to hear about your dental woes. My wife went through a similar processes a few years ago and was sore the next day too.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger El Vox said...

Yes, Roman, I wish I had taken better care of my teeth when I was younger, but you can't go back again. The best I can do is maintain them now. But sheesh, the dentist gave me some antibiotics which caused a bunch of heartburn. That was worse part of this whole endeavor.

Thanks for stopping by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home