Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Best Movies of 2013

2013 is winding down pretty quickly.  I think for lot a lot of people this time of year can be a bit overwhelming.  Most people stay pretty busy anyway, throw in shopping, and a few other extras, and you can have a lot on the  plate.  I had to go in and get a tooth pulled--getting an implant, and I'll have to return a couple of times for that, plus I have a crown that needs to be done was well.

The past couple of nights I've watched the two Christmas themed movies by John Hughes/Columbus, Home Alone, and Home Alone 2.  I don't think they'd be my favorite Christmas movies, but they are a lot of fun, and have rather beautifully designed sets, color palate, and the slapstick just is the icing on the cake.

A lot of times at this  time of the year critics and wannabe critics will have their Top 10 list.  I ran across one by Wired magazine that might closely echo my own taste.  I by no means have seen everything in 2013.  I get super behind in my movie watching.  Heck, from Netflix sitting on my shelf next to the TV,  I've got The Dark Knight Rises, a Dr. Who episode, and Elysium, a SF movie.   I still would like to get out to the theater and catch the new Hunger Games film, and the second feature to The Hobbit.  Now whether or not I'll find  time is anybody's guess. I'm looking forward to watching American Hustle as well and the Coen brother films, Inside Llewyn Davis.  Here's an recent interview with the Coen brothers if interested. 

3 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger El Vox said...

Here's a list I ran across from iO9, a SF site. I haven't seen all these films, but World War Z and Star Trek Into Darkness I found to be really entertaining films. I bet they get some comments on their site about that...

http://io9.com/the-best-and-worst-science-fiction-and-fantasy-movies-o-1485583680?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow


 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Roman J. Martel said...

We've been running through our Christmas movies in my house too. We have our four MST3K Christmas episodes: Santa Claus, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, Jack Frost and Mitchell. Yes, Mitchell happens during Christmas... how odd is that.

We also give "Die Hard" a spin and "Gremlins" is up for later tonight. :)

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger El Vox said...

Roman--it's a fun thing to do. They were showing Jack Frost on AMC, but I missed it, maybe they'll show it again. I wondered what happened to Michael Keaton, he hasn't made a movie in a while. I've got Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, I ought to give it a spin. :) Gremlins? You know I've never watched that film.

I enjoyed the first two Die Hard films quite a bit. Cheers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home