Friday, July 26, 2013

Sonja & the Wizard



A short posting today.  I have several things I need to do.  But I ran across this 1978 video from the San Diego Comic Con.  It is a short fantasy play or show taken on Super 8 film of Windy Pini and Frank Thorne.  Wendy Pini, along with her husband, Richard, created the comic, Elfquest, as well as wrote stories for other comics like, The Singing Tower, and Frank Thorne, has had many jobs within the comic field as well, as writer of Red Sonja and other comics.

The video is low tech, due to the time period when it was shot, but it's fun to see, and pretty well done considering the time and circumstance.  See it here. 

2 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Blogger Will said...

Wow ... a scantily clad lady approaching the most phallic object in comics history!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger El Vox said...

Ha, yeah, I'll buy that for a dollar, or how much ever the comic book cost these days. I sort of thought the same thing when I saw the page art. I have no idea whether it was intentional or not, but I can't help but thinking it was. :)
Cheers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home