Thursday, July 25, 2013

Joyland






Just a quick posting tonight.  My day was busy doing yard work and such, so I didn't have much time for the computer, but it's good to get a few chores done.  Yesterday I went and saw the movie, Pacific Rim.  It's a huge fun summer movie, and I'm surprised it hasn't done better at the box office here in the states, but I did see where internationally it is doing better.  Actually I've not seen many of the summer blockbusters, so I've had to add them to my Netflix list to watch later.  I am looking forward to seeing the Star Trek: Into Darkness film and the newest version of Superman. 

At any rate, I did run back by the local library today as I was downtown anyway.  I went ahead and picked up that Frankenstein coffee table book.  It's not totally on Hammer films, though they are mentioned.  It is about the Frankenstein monster.  The full title is: The Essential Frankenstein: The Monster, the Myths, and the Movies by Robert Jameson.   And here's the clincher, while I was there, I saw this book by Stephen King.  It's the one that's about the JFK era, titled 11/22/63.  I picked it up and thumbed through it, and was going to buy it along with the Frankenstein book, but put it back down just to looked around a bit more, and forgot about it.  Aaargh. 

At any rate, on Monday nights I've been following King's Under the Dome series.  It's not perfect, but it does have a few good things going for it.  I thought the first episode was well done, and even the second one, but they've become a little less interesting.  I have not read the book, but I'll continue to follow the TV show for the immediate future.  I read somewhere that  they are picking it up for a second season.  Also from what I had heard, King was a pretty big fan of the TV series, Lost.  So if interest in the Under The Dome series continues, they'll continue to make more.

While on Stephen King, I ran across an interview he did recently for his new book, Joyland. (I love the pulpy look to the cover.)   It sounds interesting as well.  If interested, you can listen to the interview  here.  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home