Thursday, December 02, 2010

Photobucket

I'm a pretty big Sci-Fi fan, and have been for as long as I can remember. I don't watch it exclusively as I like a lot of other genre as well, but it offers some sort of comfort zone for me like other pastimes do with other people. At any rate I've been on a Battlestar Galactica kick here lately. I've had two tapes worth of the first season of the show in my VHS tapes since they aired on the Sci-Fi (Syfy) Channel back in the early 90's. They are a lot of fun, and had I'd have watched them back then, I'm sure I would have been a big fan since I enjoyed the original Star Wars so much as well. At any rate what got me started was reading a blog on 70's SF over at this link: http://www.space1970.blogspot.com/

That blog is run by a guy, Christopher Mills, he's a good writer, and written some comic books, and other stuff. If you enjoy this type genre, you ought to pay his site a visit or bookmark it, it's a fun site and worth revisiting.

I never cared for the revamped Battlestar. I tried many times to sit and watch it, but try as I did, could never get into it. Chris sort of hit the nail on the head as to why it never appealed to me, aside being so different from the original series. You can read his opinion here: http://space1970.blogspot.com/2010/03/reality-is-overrated.html

I thought he pretty much summed up my thoughts on the remake of BSG too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home