Saturday, December 04, 2010

Photobucket

Photobucket

If you enjoy these sketches of The Hulk and Daredevil respectively and would like to see more head over to: www.iFanboy.com, and in their small search window at the top, do a search on Sketch Up, or just Sketch, and look for the Sketch Up threads, and click on them. There are some neat ones for sure, and yeah, I love 'em.

Sort of been battling with my allergies all week. I don't know if it's the dry weather, the fallen dry & dusty leaves, or the hot to cold temperature changes, but yeah, it's gotten them going haywire. I do the squeeze bottle, NeilMed Sinus Rinse thing and that does help soothe the problem, but doesn't vanquish it, and also go to bed after taking a Zyrtec, which also helps. But in the case with most allergy suffers, you sort of just have to live with the problem, and make do.

I've also been in a Battlestar Galactica phase, and I've been watching the original series, I don't care for the reboot. I think they were trying to make something akin to Babylon 5 with the reboot, but lost the original series charm and heroic flavor. At any rate, the reboot never caught my attention, and I hate that floating camera work too (or whatever that's called), and the dark gray, dim lit, drab interiors of the ship never helped it any either.

I also ordered the new Dr. Who series from Netflix, and watched the Season 5 opener last night. It always takes me a while to adjust to a new regeneration of Dr. Who, or the actor playing the character, and Matt Smith, the new Who is no exception. He seems really quirky to me right off, but so did some of the other ones. The first episode is called The Eleventh Hour and concerns the Doctor getting used to his new regeneration, food cravings, trying to solve a crack in the wall of a young girl's bedroom, which we learn is a crack in space/time, and from it has escaped Prisoner Zero. Fair enough plot. It just takes me time to adjust to a new Doctor (and I think the actor to find his right fit on the character of Dr. Who as well). I finally adjusted to the David Tennant era, and I should with Matt Smith as well, or we'll see. At any rate, I have a little criticism in that there's a bit too much zaniness, and quirks in the characters at times, and I would like to see a few episodes where it is a bit less over the top or more towards a serious tone (maybe like that new Sherlock (Holmes) series that aired. I guess it just seems that at times, the newer Dr. Who strives to seek out a broader market or perhaps appeals to a teen audience. There again, I'll give it time.

I've also been following The Walking Dead over on the AMC channel, and for the most part, have been enjoying it. I had a bit of the problem with the main character, Rick, for a bit as he just didn't look quite how he's drawn in the comics, as that character had straight hair, but I think I've adjusted to that. The TV series also doesn't follow the comic stories plot for plot as well either, but I sort of like that as it gives those of us that have kept up and read the comics something new to watch and look out for in the series. This Sunday is the end of the first season's arc of stories, which was really short. However, I've read where they are picking it up for a new season, so that's good to know, and something to look forward too. The down side is: they haven't even started making them yet, they've had to look for some new writers, and we probably won't even get to see new episodes until next Halloween, if we zombie fans are lucky. I guess that's a wait and see thing too.

I'm also right in the middle of the current Dexter series, Season 4. Dexter Morgan works for the Miami police crimes unit and trying to solve murders. The twist to the series is that Dexter is a serial killer, but when he was raised as a child, his father finds out his serial killer proclivities and channels him to only kill other murders. Yes, I know it's a bit contrived at times, but also very engrossing. With Season 4, Dexter has gotten married (which differs from the series of Dexter books). He's trying to deal with his new married life, a new baby son, keeping his old apartment, which bothers his new wife, lack of sleep, and solve murders. The new case involves another serial killer played by John Lithgow. Dexter gets curious though as this serial killer who he was about to dispose of, turns out to be a family man as well. His curiosity gets the better of him, and he wants to learn how another "family man" that is also a serial killer like himself maintain both lives. Talk about your anti-heroes, but I have to say, it works and entertains.

Aside from that, dealing with the allergies and the changes in the season, and doing a few chores around here, life's good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home