Monday, November 15, 2010

Movie

The weekend seemed to have flown by. Saturday I didn't have much momentum, although did get out to walk for a bit, but otherwise just seemed to hold that pattern. I cleaned house for a little bit, went and got a burger at Dairy Queen, then later that night, it came a good rain storm, which cooled things off for a bit. Since I didn't feel like getting out into that I just watched some DVDs I'd gotten from Netflix.

I'm on my second disc to Dexter Season four, which I seem to be enjoying over the third one for some reason. I also like watching a British TV series called Doc Martin, and then finished that off by watching a couple of episodes of Faulty Towers. The next day I got up and watched the documentary on Vietnam called Hearts and Minds. It's an interesting and thought provoking film.

I talked with my brother about some Thanksgiving plans: keep it simple :) I'm thinking about cooking a brisket, and have a few trimmings.

This Monday I had an email in my box that told me there was a live chat sponsored by a paid service I subscribe to on personal finance with the Motley Fools. They also offer a free service with advice and information over at fool.com At any rate, with the live chat they provided a window with which you could ask them questions, which I asked a few, but otherwise, I felt like it was a lot of reiteration, but still got something out of it. When someone asked David Gardenr, one of the founders of Motley Fools a question about politics, his response was:

I root for lower government spending no matter which party is in power. I think most Americans do -- I truly believe our country was started based on a real skepticism about the nature and character of government, and a belief in private citizens. I'm pretty apolitical otherwise -- I think most of us are centrists that aren't super-served by either party (I say "most of us," not all of us -- this is only my supposition). I root for every politician to avoid lobbying money and PACs, but I hate to say that most from both parties are driven by these monies. I hope our country will change, in this regard. It will only do so if you and I show that we care. As far as the stock market goes, even if our government doesn't manage its capital well, we can find many companies that DO manage theirs well, and we can become part owners of them. That is the great truth of America, and always has been. ::exiting soapbox::

Yeah, I think that's my philosophy too pretty much in a nutshell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home