Sunday, August 01, 2010

labor


I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.

Abraham Lincoln

Sorry to go all political on ya, but hey, it's a political world as the Bob Dylan song goes. Too bad it has polarized and segregated us to the point that we can't calmly, just being regular folks, sit and discuss the issues anymore without strangling each other. I think that would certainly help clear the air at times (to talk, not strangle), possibly enlighten, but I guess it's like religion and sex; it's just not the water cooler topic you want to get into at work, or any other place than I can think of, other than with like-minded friends or family.

I think of politics like the labor unions where I used to work. They basically had the same job, they were there to protect us, but when the crap hit the fan, one would point fingers at the other one and say, it's all their fault; where upon the other would follow suit, and since you didn't have the time, energy, money, effort, and where-with-all to look into all the allegations, and because you had to work and pull a eight to ten hour day, plus do a few odd jobs around the house, eat, and sleep, etc. well something has to get shifted to the undone file. So they created this smoke screen that was hard to penetrate, and it worked well to obscured the vision, throw blame, and would wear you down to the point that something like resignation or the don't care attitude set in pretty quickly. I don't know that I have a point to this ramble... I think it has to do with we're all in this together, so try and not get divisive.

I can also echo the lyrics to the Bob Marley song that goes, "One world, one life, let's get together and it'll be alright." Nice sentiment.

Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home