Sunday, July 18, 2010

smoothie

It's hot, it's summer, I love smoothies.

That's about as succinct as I can be. They're easy to make, taste yummy, cool you down, and healthy. What's not to like? I have a Oysterizer blender, and I went to Walmart and bought an extra attachment for mine. It's just a 20 oz. plastic drinking cup that comes with an extra blade attachment. I make mine with that. I put in about 4 to 6 oz. of orange juice (and sometimes add other juices like Minute Maid's Pomegranate Blueberry juice), a banana, some protein powder (which you don't have to add), about 2 or so oz. of vanilla or plain fat-free yogurt, four frozen strawberries, four ice cubes, and mix it up. It's that easy. Enjoy.

If you like you can add any juice you want or any fruit you want to vary it up. Yesterday I added a kiwi fruit to it instead of a banana, and it was great.

4 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger Sila Lumenn said...

Sounds yummy. I sometimes make these for Miranda, but instead of protein powder I use Carnation Instant Breakfast. You still get the protein, plus it adds an interesting layer of flavor. Her favorite is chocolate with frozen blueberries.

~ Sandy

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger El Vox said...

Wow, Sila, I never considered that flavor. I might have to try that just to see what it's like...chocolate and blueberries.

I went to the store the other day, they had a great deal on blueberries. Never thought of the Instant Breakfast ingredient either, thanks for the recommend.

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger wrightdp said...

Instead of ice I throw in frozen fruit (strawberries, peaches, blueberries).

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger El Vox said...

Frozen fruit: yep, me too, except for the banana. Frozens are the way to go really. But I still add a few ice cubes to make it even colder and slushie :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home