Sunday, July 11, 2010

blog

It was a dark and storm night. I guess the immortal words of Edward George Bulwer-Lytton (1830) best sum up the mood and the night on which I watched the new movie, The Wolfman. The mood of the film, really matched the weather. The Wolfman is a remake or re-imagining (as the newer storyline is a bit different from the original) of the Lon Chaney Jr. role. It differs a little bit with the romantic angle in the story as well, which made me think of Beauty and the Beast. It was more somber in tone than I was expecting, but had enough action to keep me engaged. I enjoyed the sets and the feel for old Victorian England, which also reminded me of the movie, Sleepy Hollow. I'm glad they kept the part where the wolfman howls once Lawrence Talbot had transformed into the creature, which reminded me of the original film. There's another nice touch in the opening scene with the old Universal films logo, along with the opening dialog: Even a man that is pure of heart, etc. If you enjoyed the old Universal monster films, you'll probably enjoy this new update too.

Blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home